Wondering for how to get skinny arms that are strong, too? Grab a set of dumbbells and get red carpet-worthy toned biceps, triceps, and shoulders with this easy yet effective arm workout for women. This routine was designed to help you reach your fitness goals by squeezing in short burst of exercise throughout your day. You can do it alone or combine it with other targeted toning plans to build your own complete strength session.
How it works: Do 1 set of each exercise in this arm workout back to back, with little to no rest between moves. The complete arm workout for women should take about five minutes, but you can repeat 1 or 2 more times if your schedule allows.
This dumbbell arm workout for women will build muscle in your shoulders but, since you’re standing, also recruit your core. Bonus: Try doing one arm at a time to challenge your abs even more.
- 1, Stand with feet wide, knees soft, holding dumbbells with arms in a goal post position (elbows open to sides at shoulder level).
- 2, Brace core and extend arms straight overhead.
- 3, Slowly lower elbows to return to start. Do 20 reps.
Core strength keeps this dumbbell arm exercise safe and more effective, so be sure to supplement this 5-minute arm workout with these top ab moves.
- 1, Stand with feet wide, knees soft, holding a dumbbell with both hands in front of the chest. Engage abs and bring arms overhead, biceps next to ears.
- 2, Bend elbows and lower the weight behind head all the way down to shoulders (avoid letting elbows open out to the side and relax neck).
- 3, Raise arms overhead to return to start (use abdominal muscles to keep torso steady as arms raise and lower, and don’t let ribs flare out).